Sunday, May 18, 2014

Rack by the Tracks

Sat. May 17

I had the opportunity to go to Racks by the Tracks in Bristol, TN. It's a music/barbeque/craft beer festival in their downtown area. I went with my good friend Casey and we had a blast!


Since I don't eat meat, the barbeque wasn't exactly a draw, but the craft beer and music were! Most of the breweries were set up in the farmers market pavilion. There were vendors from all over, Tennessee, Ohio, North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Illinois, and more. I was very impressed with the selection and diversity. The creativity of craft beer is always so exciting. It's like walking through an art exhibit, seeing what new twist the artists have put on their work. I had a tangerine beer that was fantastic!

There was also a high gravity area. One of the most interesting beers I tried was called Dragon's Milk. I don't know how they bottled that, but it honestly tasted like dragon's milk. It started of smooth and thick then had this smoky and fiery aftertaste that can only be described as dragon's milk! I was impressed with the naming of the beer, but couldn't handle more than a sip. 

I had the pleasure of running into a girl I went to college with. I love how the world is so small, turns out she lives in Bristol now! We had worked on a service project our freshman year together, it was nice to see her again. 

Folk Soul Revival was the headlining entertainment and played a tremendous show. The beautiful and joyful sounds of banjos and fiddles rang through the streets of Bristol igniting everyone's spirit. We soaked up the sounds till the sun went down then headed back into town!

After all that yummy beer we decided to go to Mellow Mushroom and had a delicious dinner. 

I can't wait to go back next year!

Casey Hendrix and I



Adventure awaits, 
Jillian 



No comments:

Post a Comment